The Michigan Alliance for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE) offers Environmental Education (EE) Grants. Our hope is to help broaden the horizon of students, teachers, and families to bring them closer to the natural world.
- *The grant must be used for an EE program for the public that incorporates outdoor activities.
- Programs must demonstrate correlation to the Michigan Environmental Literacy Plan (See www.mielp.org).
- Grants are considered twice a year by March 1st and October 1st. Awardees will be announced April 1st and November 1st.
- Grants must be submitted 45 days prior to proposed program to allow for review and approval by the MAEOE Board.
- Grants can only be given to MAEOE members.
- Grant requests are based on a $5 per person rate, with a maximum of $500.
- Grant funds are best used for equipment, educational supplies, and approved materials or services that support exceptional programs, events, or field trips.
- Grant funds cannot be used for staff time.
- If approved, grant funds are distributed following the submission of participant numbers.
- Grant reporting must occur by the following deadlines and will include
- Submission of press releases acknowledging MAEOE as a supporter within one week of event. Copy of press release and publications forwarded to MAEOE. Samples are available on the MAEOE website.
- Submission within one week after the event: final attendance numbers.
- Submission within one month after the event: an article and 4 pictures of event to be published in the next MAEOEgram.
- Submission within 1 month after the event: proof of purchases or receipts for materials or services covered by the grant.
*Note: Due to MAEOE’s partnership with Project WILD, although not required, special consideration may be afforded for projects that can demonstrate utilization of Project WILD or other WILD curricula.
The initial application and reporting documents should be sent to the
MAEOE Education Committee Chair at